Friday, February 20, 2009

It's February and it's HOT!

I thought we were going to escape the heat of a brazilian summer. It sure seemed like it. Then it hit this month. Heat......humidity.........hot hot hot! We have VBS next week. I'm sure we're all going to die of heat stroke. Well, thank God for Heaven and at least we'll die serving! LOL Ok, on to better things.

The ladies retreat was a great success! We saw three precious souls saved. There were not from my church, but they did get saved! Cirica (CEEreeca) is from our church and heard the gospel but did not make a decision. Jeff and I are trying to set up a time to get to her house and really talk to her about the Lord but her husband is quite against it. Please pray she makes a decision soon.

Sunday morning after Sunday School, Isaias and Gabriel came to me telling me they wanted to be saved! They come from a very rough part of town and have been very hard to reach but after months of love and preaching, they finally asked the Lord to save them!

Please pray for VBS next week. I am praying we see 80 in attendance. It is during Carnaval week so I really don't know what's going to happen. Lots of people leave for the last hoorah before school starts. God knows though. Quality, not quantity, amen? If we have 20 and see souls saved, that's good enough for me! We are really praying to get some new families through this.

Oh, we are going to visit Vinicius and Paula tonight. He is Luthern, she's just searching. I pray I can come back here and tell you they both were gloriously saved!

That's it for now! I'm melting......melting.....meeeeelting.........melting!!!!

1 comment:

Julie's Jottings said...

Love you girl! So happy to hear of the saved souls! Hugs!