Wednesday, February 20, 2008

How's it going?

I know, I keep changing my blog but I'm not satisfied yet so you'll just have to be patient.

I've been working a lot on the special Saturday we are having for kids in Kings Kids. It is the last weekend before school starts up again. Kids are running all over buying pencils, papers and all the wonderful things that go along with getting ready for school. As usual, not a one of them is happy about starting up again but the parents are thrilled!

We are making individual pizzas, a lady in the church is making popcicles, we'll have face painting, games and I am also starting a series of lessons on the Tabernacle. We will give each child a sack of pencils, a sharpner and some erasers as well. Should be a fun day!

Why do we have special things for kids? They are important! They are the hope for the next generation if the Lord tarries His coming!

A little girl came to church on Sunday and was holding a book in her hand. She asked me if it was the Bible. She had no idea. I was so happy to tell her that, yes, it was the Bible. She raised her eyebrows in shock, smiled at me and started to read it. Eight years old and living in such a religious country but had no idea what a Bible looked like. Yep, it's worth it all!

2 comments:

Leah said...

Well my blog did a weird thing last time I posted pics. My title is now in the middle of the picture that I have. I don't know what happened but it's that way! Oh well.

Tori Leslie said...

Wow Althea, I can totally relate with you and the little girl. That's exactly how Croats are. They are all Catholic but no nothing about God.

Oh yea and the blog looks nice.

Kings Kids sounds fun, I like that program. And yes kids are so important, they were to the Lord and should be to us.

Great work, keep it up!!