Tuesday, February 26, 2008

We're moving!

My husband and I looked at a house last Friday and rented it on the spot. The house we are staying in is full of termites, has several different leaks and is just falling apart. It's also about 8 minutes from our church. I know it doesn't seem like much but when you are out of the "bairro" our neighborhood of the church, you are out of the clan, so to speak. They are big on being unified by neighborhoods. In fact, we say we liven in Alvorada but once you say what neighborhood OF Alvorada you live in, their eyebrows go up with understanding. Now that we are back "the hood", we will be an accepted part of the tribe once again. LOL

The house has 5 bedrooms, 2 baths. Now before any of you have a heart attack thinking our house is way too big, fret not. The master bedroom could fit in most American bathrooms. LOL It's a great house though. It will give me oragnization, which I thrive on. Everything in its place! GLORY! It has been our prayer for over a year that the Lord would move us back to the area where our church is and He's done just that. We've had a chance to witness in this area and we thank Him for the friends that have been made.

Our goal is to move on Monday. I may be offline for a couple of weeks but I'll let you know what's going on before I sign off.

Have a good night all! Time to go make some yucca root! MMMM MMMM good!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Woohooo, Althea! God sure does love to answer our prayers. I know you'll enjoy your new place!

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! Will you show pictures of your new place? would love to see them. Well, I hope moving goes well. Love the way your write, makes me laugh.

Tori Leslie said...

Wow praise the Lord, HE is so good.
I'm praying for the move and all.

I totally can relate to the "in the hood" thing. It's the same in Croatia, if you live in CAkovec, our town you are normal but if you live outside of town your a hill-billy. °Ü°

So happy for you, happy moving and organizing!!