Thursday, July 17, 2008

If you want to get warm, go outside!

That's what I tell the kids when they are cold! LOL It's actually been pretty hot this week. Stephen keeps asking me if it's winter here or not and that he wishes Brazil would make up its mind if it's going to be cold or hot. It's usually about 10 degrees colder IN the house. Forty degrees doesn't sound like a lot of cold to you that are in the north but let me tell you, sleeping with it 30 degrees in the house is not that fun! We have heaters but then cometh the bill, amen?
Sarah, I think the houses are a lot like the ones in Mexico. Concrete, tile roofs, the works. I'm not sure why they don't build them to fit the winter as well but they don't. It's crazy!

Gloria got saved! Thank you to those who have prayed for her. She came to the Bible study, we studied about who the Lord is and after it was all done, she put her palms down in the table with a determined looked and said she was ready to be saved. This lady is 65 and comes out of a spiritist background. Any one that gets saved is a wonderful blessing but someone of her age and background just makes it so much sweeter!

Our church has been running an average os 43 per service. This is just so amazing to us after having a year or more of 25. God has been working here and we are so thankful.

We are still waiting for the internet. Last time I called, they told me that I had not even asked to be on the list. Three weeks prior they told me I would have the net in less than 2 weeks. It really is discouraging. It makes you more homesick when you can't get on and just say hi to family and all. I'm not sitting in a corner sucking my thumb and crying.....YET! LOL

Stephen turned 9 on the 15th. I just can't believe that. He got some roller blades and it just loving them. We'll have a bday party for him on Saturday. He's excited to have all his friends over. I sure thank the Lord for my little buggy (my nick name for him). He has a heart for souls, understand why we are here in Brazil and continually tells me that we need to tell people about Jesus. Hes our little missionary, that's for sure. I look forward to what God will do in his life if the Lord tarries His coming.

Ok, I've written a book so I must needs get off of here and delete my 800 or so useless emails. I miss you all so much! Thanks for the comments! I'm so afraid you're all going to forget about me. Ha, as if that would happen!

3 comments:

Tori Leslie said...

Wow you've had a really busy time lately.

Our houses here in Croatia are also made of cinder block and tile roofs. Our homes are actually pretty warm in the winter because of the radiators and cool in the summers because the walls are so thick. We're having a really strange summer here too. It's way cooler than usual and we have had storms every week, totally unheard of.

AMEN!! I am praising God with you for Gloria, that's defiantly a miracle. What a great blessing for her and you!

Praise the Lord, God is really using your family there in Brasil, wonderful!

Happy Birthday to Stephen! Is he your oldest? My oldest is about to turn 16, so I can feel your disbelief.

Hope that internet comes soon!

Heather said...

Hello! I just found your blog off of Tori's site and wanted to let you know I think you're doing a great job on your blog. Also, to let you know that I'd love to add your blog to mine if that is ok with you (just click on my name and you'll see both my blogs). I will be praying for you and your ministry! ~Heather
PS: It has been in the 90's here all week and I go around the house wearing a sweater!

Leah said...

Althea, we sure miss you! Happy Birthday to Stephen. How come our kids get older but we don't. I was thinking about some of my high school friends and then started thinking of their ages! Wow! They are getting old. :) Love you!